Our Fly Shannon Members Challenge League is back for 2018! 13 races have been identified for the competition – Members can participate in as many races as they like but only FIVE (including the events marshalled) will count towards the overall score. Four of the races will count towards National Series and this year our end of season race will take us to Glin.
|Race/Marshall||Joey Hannan (UL Arena Limerick)||29th Apr||Sunday||Sprint/Olympic|
|Race||Lough Cultra Standard Distance||Yes||27th May||Sunday||Olympic|
|Race||Lough Derg Sprint||16th June||Saturday||Sprint|
|Race/Marshall||Kilkee (HOTW)||30th June||Saturday||Olympic|
|Race||Tribesmen Sprint Triathlon||Yes||14th July||Saturday||Sprint/Olympic|
|Race||Caroline Kearney Standard Distance Westmeath||11th August||Saturday||Olympic|
The two LTC club events Joey (April 23th) and HotW (June 30th) are eligible for points for marshalling. 6 points will be awarded for competing in any of the 13 eligible races – choose your best 5 at the end of the season.
Rules & The Fine Print
· 6 points will be awarded for competing in any of the 13 races above – choose your best 5 at the end of the season.
· An additional 5 points will be awarded for the 1st placed LTC member in the race, with 4 points for 2nd and 3 points for 3rd
· Any athlete who does not come 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the race but wins their age category (relative to the LTC participants in that race) will receive an additional 2 points
· 8 points will be awarded to those who Marshall in place of competing in the LTC club events
· An additional 2 points bonus will be awarded to those athletes that compete a standard (Olympic) distance race
· In the event of a draw, the overall winners will be based on their most number of wins, followed by seconds and then thirds. If there is still a tie the result will be decided by a draw.
· The Fly Shannon Perpetual Trophy will be awarded to best male and female athlete!
· The league competition is open to all paid LTC members including Cat 1 athletes.
The Committee will endeavour to ensure all LTC members participating in the races are noted and included in the league. However final responsibility will be on the members to notify email@example.com of any omissions or errors.