We are excited to announce the LTC Members Challenge League for 2017, which is being run to encourage members to take an active role in marshaling club events, compete in local races, and encourage some friendly rivalry and banter. The Overall winners (male and female) will be awarded the Fly Shannon Perpetual Trophy, with plenty of other category prizes too (Rookies, Vets, Juniors, Age groups). We will update the table after each event so you can see how you are doing relative to your friends and Club-mates! Tables are available to the right hand side of the page, numbered and dated to show you the progress….
Ten races have been identified for the competition – Members can participate in as many races as they like but only FIVE (including the events marshaled) will count towards the overall score. Five of the races will count towards National Series and this year our end of season race will take us to Glin.
The LTC club events Duathlon (Mar 5th), Joey (April 23rd) and HotW (June 24th) are eligible for points for marshaling. 6 points will be awarded for competing in any of the 12 races above – choose your best 5 at the end of the season.
Rules & The Fine Print
· 6 points will be awarded for competing in any of the 10 races above – choose your best 5 at the end of the season.
· An additional 5 points will be awarded for the 1st placed LTC member in the race, with 4 points for 2nd and 3 points for 3rd
· Any athlete who does not come 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the race but wins their age category (relative to the LTC participants in that race) will receive an additional 2 points
· 8 points will be awarded to those who Marshall in place of competing in the LTC club events (A maximum of two LTC events can be included towards the overall score in the Challenge League). The LTC duathlon will score for Marshalling only and not participants. This year, extra bonus points are available for marshalling more than one event.
· In the event of a draw, the overall winners will be based on their most number of wins, followed by seconds and then thirds. If there is still a tie the result will be decided by a draw.
· The Fly Shannon Perpetual Trophy will be awarded to best male and female athlete!
· The league competition is open to all paid LTC members including Cat 1 athletes.
The Committee will endeavor to ensure all LTC members participating in the races are noted and included in the league. However final responsibility will be on the members to notify firstname.lastname@example.org of any omissions or errors.